Thank your for visiting our adoption blog! Please take a few moments and get to know us by viewing the various posts and pages.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Journey Update

I can't decide if I have less to blog about in the last few months, or if the new job has me busy enough that I haven't had as much time.  Either way - it's time for an update!

I am enjoying my new position and the people that I am meeting along the way.  There are so many wonderful folks involved in supporting the Symphony and I am really honored to be working with and for them.  Brandon's role at work is changing as more people are added to his team and they gain more and more clients that have to be up and running by the end of the year.  He says he's ready for Christmas.  :)

We've been watching our plants and flowers spring up around the house and working on little projects here and there.  I think this may be one of our longest runs without some sort of major home improvement project in the works!  Instead, I've been concentrating on learning to sew and creating new jewelry to sell at a consignment boutique this month.  That has definitely kept me busy.

Brandon is back to cycling again and went on a nice 45-mile ride last weekend.  He thinks that these "little" rides are no big deal and I wonder what he's thinking!  I've joined friends at a couple of 5K races and enjoyed the spring weather while I pounded the pavement.  Who would have guessed that I would enjoy running?  It is a lot more fun when I have friends to do my races with though.  Now if I could just get more motivated to train in between those races!

We have recently visited a great facility in Wichita called Circle of Love Maternity Home.  It is a place where birth mothers who are making an adoption plan can live while they complete their pregnancy and be cared for and nurtured by the staff.  It's a lovely place and only open since October, so we are going to place our profile there as a tool for the counselor to show birth mothers what an adoptive family looks like.  It's a possibility that after she shows them, they might want to know more about us and we could move on from there.

Last, but certainly not least, I want to share that we are currently in the midst of a situation that puts us closer than ever to our dream of adopting.  It's really too early in the process to share a lot of details with the whole world, but we would appreciate your prayers and thoughts as we make decisions in the next few weeks.  When the time is right, I will update you all with more information.  Hopefully it will be a big announcement!

3 comments:

  1. We love you, and we are praying for you! God is in control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love & prayers to you & B! Looking fwd to hitting the pavement w/ ya, too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are ALWAYS in our prayers & will continue to be. Sending love & good thoughts in your direction!

    ReplyDelete